Luke is a self-disciplined and conscientious quality assurance analyst and web developer who is driven to continuously build his skills through both formal education and independent study. He has been working at Financial Network Inc. since August of 2021, assuring quality of web applications in manual and automated testing environments with the use of Java and Selenium. He started a freelance business in 2018 while finishing a technology degree, offering pro bono services to a local nonprofit to create a website and an android app, teaching coding to youth, and tutoring students at Ranken Technical College. A 30 plus-year veteran IT instructor considers Luke to be one of the hardest working students he has ever had, describing him as an exceptional programmer and website developer who works well individually or as part of a team. Luke is eager to take on a new opportunity that he can be passionate about while continuing to develop his skill set.
Financial Network Inc. – St. Louis, MO
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Reviewing and verifying customer requirements
- Developing test cases during Sprint planning
- Leading front-end meeting for discussing development and testing criteria
- Regression, smoke, and sanity testing customer environments regularly
- Testing External API by creating and altering Postman scripts
- Performance testing customer application submission with JMeter
- Punctual, clear communication with all team members and project managers
Gosnell Web Design (contract and volunteer) – St. Louis, MO
November 2018 – August 2021
Web and Application Developer
St. Charles County Veterans Museum
- Recreated website for the museum using WordPress.
- Designed both front and back ends, and created custom post types so museum owner could easily create, edit, or delete news, events, veteran stories, etc.
- Set up JSON data from the posts to display and archive automatically through PHP.
- Currently developing an Android app for the museum.
- Recreated outdated website.
- Selected WordPress with the Avada theme to design the website and graphics.
- Presented updates to client periodically and made adjustments as necessary.
Missouri Grass-Fed Meats
- Determined requirements for new website with client, and ensured requirements and timing expectations were met.
- Created single-page website in WordPress, utilizing HTML and CSS.
- Handled website deployment and transferring/renewing of expired domains.
Code Ninjas – St. Louis, MO
December 2018 – September 2020
Code Sensei/Coding Instructor
- Developed presentations and assisted with several events to help promote the business.
- Consulted on how to improve services of the company.
Ranken Technical College – St. Louis, MO
August 2019 – May 2020
Tutor for students of Information Technology Instructor, Jeffrey Scott
- Tutored Professor Jeffrey Scott’s students in ASP.NET, C#, Java, and web design.
AS, Associate of Technology, Ranken Technical College
St. Louis, MO
2020 – Summa Cum Laude (4.0 GPA)
AS, Associate of Applied Arts, St. Charles Community College